This is an analysis of the poem In The Valley Of The Waters that begins with:
In the valley of the waters we wept o'er the day
When the host of the stranger made Salem his prey, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bbbbXaaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 00100010111001 101001011001 111111011001 111011001101 01101001011 01110111101 11101111111 111111011011 11001101011 11101111110 11101011111 11111101111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 205
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, our, they are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of In The Valley Of The Waters;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.