This is an analysis of the poem Epitaph To A Dog that begins with:
Near this spot
Are deposited the Remains... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcddXdcb dbXXeXdX ffggcceeccffcc hhaaaaiiccbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,14,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 101 10100001 01 10110 01100 101100 10010100 1101001 01010 01110100100 001101010 010110001000 1001 1111100 11 1101010 01011 1111010101 0111010111 0101010101 1101011101 1101010101 1111111110 1011010101 0101011001 1101010101 1101111101 10001010101 01010011111 11111100010 11010101010 11110100110 011100101110 1111111001 0101010101 1101110101 1101001101 1101010111 1101111111 1101010101 1101011101 0101011101 1101111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 402
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; without is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word thy is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Epitaph To A Dog;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.