This is an analysis of the poem The Radiant Dark that begins with:
Should I long that dark were fair? Say, O song.
Lacks my love aught that I should long?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbbXXb XcXcdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111101111 11111111 1010111 11010111 010001010 101 101011111 0111011101 1011011 1001110101 10011100101 010101 11001110101 1101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 270
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Radiant Dark;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.