This is an analysis of the poem Freedom And Peace that begins with:
When long thick Tempests waste the Plain
And Lightnings cleave an angry Sky, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc Xacacc dedebb cXcccc eeeeXX fcfcbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 11011101 10011101 110010101 11011001 11010101 11110101 11010101 01011101 11010101 11110101 11111111 11110101 010111001 1100101001 11010101 11010101 10110001 11010101 1101011 11010101 10010101 11110101 11110001 010101010 10111101 110111010 01110101 11001101 110010111 110111010 11010101 110101010 110111001 01111101 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 226
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thus, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words thus, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Freedom And Peace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.