This is an analysis of the poem Song that begins with:
Sweet in her green dell the flower of beauty slumbers,
Lull'd by the faint breezes sighing through her hair; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bcbc dede XeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001101001010 11011010101 111110101010 1011110101 100110100010 0110111111001 110101101010 11110010011 1101000101110 101011101011 10010110101010 0011010010101 111110111010 11010001001 101101100110 10011010111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 206
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; from, her are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.