This is an analysis of the poem Where The Blue Begins that begins with:
In the southern Adriatic, where the blue begins,
We came to rest awhile and play...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbXXbbbacacdXabbaXbaaXdccaaabXXcababXbA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 39,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0010101010101 11010111 1111011100 10111 111101011 10010111 0010101000111 00101011001 110101101 11010101 101011101 1010111110 01011101110 0010101110101 00111010111 1001010101 1101111101 1011110101 11010111 001010101010101 111010100101 010101010 01001010101 10101110101 110111111101 1010100101 111101101 1111010101 11101010101 1111011101 01010100001 01111101110 10111101101 1111111 1101110111 101010111 1110101110 111100110101 0010101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1730
- Average number of words per stanza: 304
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in, to, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Where The Blue Begins;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by George Bradley
- Analysis of A Poet In The Kitchen
- Analysis of The Sound Of The Sun
- Analysis of At The Other End Of The Telescope