This is an analysis of the poem The Elegy that begins with:
The girlfriend juggling with green flowers
Plays in moony gardens -...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a a a b a X c X b b a b b c XXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111000110 101010 11101110 1011111 1111101 100110 10110011001 11011000 111111 10001 1011101101 10001010 001111 010010 10110 1010
- Amount of stanzas: 16
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 28
- Average number of words per stanza: 5
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Elegy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.