This is an analysis of the poem In Hellbrun that begins with:
Once more following the blue grief of the evening
Down the hill, to the springtime ﬁshpond—...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXabaXbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111000110010 10100111 1001101110110 10001 01101101001010 110111010100 0011101011010 001010111 01010110001011 001 01011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 453
- Average number of words per stanza: 82
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Hellbrun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.