This is an analysis of the poem An Evening that begins with:
In the evening the sky was overcast.
And through the grove full of silence and grief...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a X a b X X c b c c X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010011101 1101101011 0110101 101011001 01111010 10101010110 01100101010 1100111001 001001010 1111101010 100101 0111011000
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 36
- Average number of words per stanza: 7
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Evening;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.