This is an analysis of the poem In Piam Memoriam that begins with:
Created purely from glass the saint stands, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabb X ccdd X XXee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,1,4,1,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1 0101001011 0100101101 1010001001 0101100101 1 001101110 10001011101 0101101101 01010001101 1 01011001101 1011110101 010101001 1001100011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 85
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Piam Memoriam;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Geoffrey Hill
- Analysis of Requiem For The Plantagenet Kings
- Analysis of September Song
- Analysis of In Memory Of Jane Fraser