This is an analysis of the poem The Swan that begins with:
I'll leave the mortal world behind,
Take wing in an flight fantastical,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbc deXf Xggh ijdi faag Xjja Xfaa Xjbd cgaXXbehd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 110111000 01010101 01111001 01010101 0101011110 11010100 11011101 11110111 11010100 0101000101 10011101 0101011 1011010101 110100101 11011001 11111101 11010101 1101011101 11010111 11111101 01010101 11011111 01110101 0001000101 01100100 100101 010101001 010101 1101011 110101010 01111101 101011101 01010001 11010011 010100010 0101110100 111101010 11010110 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, from, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, i, from are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Swan;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.