This is an analysis of the poem The Wind Blows that begins with:
Blowing wind, blowing wind, blowing wind,
Leaves are swept along its path…...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXbX cabc XA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101101 1110101 1011001111 111111111 101101101 111001 11010111 1011001011 01011101 101101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; blowing, wind, where, you, how, it are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Wind Blows;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.