This is an analysis of the poem The Alpaca that begins with:
She is harnessed for a long journey; on her back she carries an entire store of wool.
She walks without rest, and sees with eyes...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabXXXbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101101011101010101 1101111011010011010100101011010 00110110011001010110011010111001100100110110110100100 010010101110101111011010010 110010010111110100111101001011 111010101011111011011010101101001011101000101100001010 11111101010110110111101011011111110010 0101001101000100100100110010110101101101001111010010010 111010001110101001000101111011010101010010101110111101001100 10111110110010000110010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1708
- Average number of words per stanza: 285
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 170 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 29
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, her, of, and, to, they, alpaca, eyes are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word she is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Alpaca;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.