This is an analysis of the poem I Am Not Alone that begins with:
The night, it is deserted
from the mountains to the sea. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcD abcDXabcD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100010 0010001 1101111 11101 0100010 1011001 1101111 11101 0100010 110111 1101111 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Am Not Alone;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.