This is an analysis of the poem Reproach Me Not that begins with:
Reproach me not e'en if I earn your indignation;
Know: of us two you are to be more envied far....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01111001111010 101111001101 0111111001100 1100010101100 0101001101110 100101101101 111100111101 0111010101110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 202
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Reproach Me Not;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev
- Analysis of I Love The Tsarskoselsky Gardens
- Analysis of How Tuneful Is The Voice Of Sea
- Analysis of Say Not He Loves Me