This is an analysis of the poem The Agreement that begins with:
Both of us seek for truth--in the world without thou dost seek it,
I in the bosom within; both of us therefore succeed....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111001011110 10010011011101 001010010010010 10011011001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 254
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 63 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Agreement;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.