This is an analysis of the poem At The Middle Of Life that begins with:
The earth hangs down
to the lake, full of yellow ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXbb bcaXccXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0111 0011010 11110 10110 101111 0001010010 11101 1011 010011 011001 011 1011 01000 10001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At The Middle Of Life;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.