This is an analysis of the poem Hymn After Receiving Holy Communion that begins with:
I HAVE Thee now, O Jesu,
Enshrined within my soul,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabXcXcXcXdcXeXXeXdXdXdfbfXXgXgbhXXhc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 39,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 010111 0111110 0100111 1111010 1 111101 1100110 111100 1111110 110101 1 0111101 011111 1111110 110101 1101010 1 110110 1111110 111101 1111010 011101 1 1111111 011111 1101110 110101 1111110 1 110101 1111100 111011 1101110 011111 1 1101010 010011 01
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1033
- Average number of words per stanza: 184
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymn After Receiving Holy Communion;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.