This is an analysis of the poem When You Meet A Man From Your Own Home Town that begins with:
Sing, O Muse, in treble clef,
A little song of the A.E.F., ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaabbcC ddbbaadd eeffcXdX eeeeggcC cgeeggcC XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1110101 0101001 110110111 010010100 111110101 1110111101 100110011 1110101111 010010101 110100111 1111100111 0111101101 1110111111 1010111101 111111001 0100111100 111110111 110011101 1110011111 0100100111 11010011 101010011 10111011101 101100110110 010110101 1111100111 1100110111 1111111101 1110101111 1110110101 010100001 1110101111 1100100101 110011010100 1110100101 010110101 111100111 101101101 111001001111 1110101111 0110111101 11110100101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 251
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, you, and, be, may, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, you are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word town at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When You Meet A Man From Your Own Home Town;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.