This is an analysis of the poem Office Mottoes that begins with:
Motto heartening, inspiring,
Framed above my pretty *desk,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcbX c dedeXcXXf c fXXXfgXfXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,1,9,1,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101000100 1011101 10101110 1011100 10111010 1111101 11100010 11111000 101 11101010 1010101 10101010 11110111 11111000 1010001 1011101000101001100 1 11111010 111 10111010 1010111 10101010 10010101 10101110 1010111 10101110 10111010 101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Office Mottoes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Franklin Pierce Adams
- Analysis of 'Carpe Diem,' Or Cop The Day
- Analysis of No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
- Analysis of Bedbooks