This is an analysis of the poem How Do You Tackle Your Work that begins with:
How do you tackle your work each day?
Are you scared of the job you find? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Ababbcbc dedecccc fgfgdcdc Ababbcbcc ababbcbc dedehXhc ijijccccXababbcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,9,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101111 11100111 1110011111 00100101 1111100101 11001010 1110100101 111110010 1111111111 11100101 010101011 1101101 110100011 01011010 111111101 0111110010 010100101 1100101 010100101 1110101 1111101111 01001110 010011111 1111110010 111101111 0100111 101011111 1011101 100110011 01101010 011100111 110110010 0101110011001 1101100111 00110101 1110011111 01100011 110010101 111001010 1110100101 111010010 1111111111 11100101 1110101111 11110101 110100101 10011010 101011001001 1111010 11001011010 01100101 11101101010 0101101 11111100111 11011010 11101101011 111111110 1111101111 0101111 1111100101 0101001 1110111011 11011100 1111101101 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 303
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 65
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to, i, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words it's, and are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word it at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of How Do You Tackle Your Work;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.