This is an analysis of the poem Advice that begins with:
AD ARIUSTUM FUSCUM
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X a X X bCBC cbcb bcbC cbcB bcXC cbcba X adad efef ghgh Xaca iXiX jaja
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,4,4,4,4,4,5,1,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110010 1 101111 100101010 10010111 01011101 00011101 11110101 11110101 11010111 11000101 10010111 11011101 00010001 01010111 01011101 11111111 1001001 11111101 00011101 11110001 11010111 111011010 11110101 01001101 01010111 11011101 11001101 1001 1 10111001 110111010 11011100 010 010111001 110111011 11010101 111 11010111 101101110 10110101 010 11101011 11110011 01101101 111 11110101 010111100 11110101 010 1011011 1000111011 11111101 111
- Amount of stanzas: 17
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 97
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, or are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words his, and, in are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Advice;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.