This is an analysis of the poem A Gotham Garden Of Verses that begins with:
In summer when the days are hot ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bbcc ddee X bbcc ffaa gggg hhii X jjkk XXkk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,1,4,4,4,4,1,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01010111 01100101 01010101 010101001 11011101 11010001 00110111 00010111 1 11111001 01011101 11010111 11000101 10111111 110100101 11001101 11010111 11011101 11110001 11111111 111100011 11111111 11010101 11001101 10000101 1 0010101 01010111 10110101 01101101 1 01011001001 01101101011
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 86
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Gotham Garden Of Verses;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Franklin Pierce Adams
- Analysis of An Ode In Time Of Inauguration
- Analysis of How Do You Tackle Your Work
- Analysis of Bon Voyage - And Vice Versa