This is an analysis of the poem Nursery Rhyme that begins with:
One year, two year, three year, four,
Comes a khaki gentleman knocking at the door.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabX ccdddd eeff bbgg bbaa dX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1111111 101010010101 101011110101 010110010101 101010111111 1100101111101 1111111110011 1100101011101 110010110101 101011110001 1010100111101 100010110001 10001110001 10100011111 11011101010101 1011101110101 1010111110101 10101011111 1011101110101 101010111101 1010101111101 1001100010001 11111011 10111010101010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 205
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; year, to, them, him, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nursery Rhyme;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.