This is an analysis of the poem A Step Away From Them that begins with:
It's my lunch hour, so I go
for a walk among the hum-colored...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcdefgfhgbij kkhggflfmX gajXmXkXX XXjXgXedaelci elX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,10,9,13,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110111 101010110 111011 11001110 10011100 1101001010 11010010 1111100 10111110 01111110 1010110 1110111 11001101 1110011 1 011101 111011110 01011100 101001100 1110001010 0110111 11101101 10010010 011 1001100 110110101 11111011 1110100110 101001010 001001010110 110100100 1011011010 001 1110010 1010101011 10100111 1011110 11010100 111011100 11110111 1010101 10101111 01001011 111111 101110100 11 0100101 110111001 100010101100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 303
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Step Away From Them;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Frank O'Hara
- Analysis of In Memory Of My Feelings
- Analysis of Meditations In An Emergency
- Analysis of A True Account Of Talking To The Sun On Fire Island