This is an analysis of the poem Love And Death that begins with:
Death? is it death you give? So be it! O Death,
thou hast been long my friend, and now thy pale ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaa bcbb ddcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10011110011 1101111111 1111111011 01011111101 1111110101 110100101101 1111000100 11011010111 1111110101 10010000101 11011111111 0101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; death is repeated.
The author used the same word come at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love And Death;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.