This is an analysis of the poem Ireland that begins with:
O WE have loved you through cold and rain
And pitiless frost,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaabCdbddbCbebbeC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111111 11001 01011000111 1001101101 10111 100100 110111111 11001 011100101 111111110 101101 100100 110110111 10101 11101001001 10111001 11011 100100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 551
- Average number of words per stanza: 100
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, again are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ireland;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.