This is an analysis of the poem The Heart: Two Sonnets that begins with:
The heart you hold too small and local thing,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XababXXcXdededd X cfcfgXgXhXhiii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,1,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1 0111111101 1101010001 1111011101 01011010001 11110110110 1101010100 0101011100 1001010100 011010101 010010101011 1111010101 0101011101 11110111101 1101011101 1 11000100101 100100100011 0101010111 1101010001 1111010101 0101010100 0100011100 011001001 1111011101 1001001110 1110111101 1111010011 11110011001 01000101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 400
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; has is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Heart: Two Sonnets;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Francis Thompson
- Analysis of Manus Animam Pinxit
- Analysis of Ode To The Setting Sun - Prelude
- Analysis of To The Dead Cardinal Of Westminster