This is an analysis of the poem Memorat Memoria that begins with:
Come you living or dead to me, out of the silt of the Past,
With the sweet of the piteous first, and the shame of the shameful last?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeee ffaagghhbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011011001001 0010010110100101 10111101101001 0100110101011011 11101111110111 111010010010111 101111011111111101 11111101111001 111111111010001 1100111110011101 11111111011111 101111010010101001 0111100100110100101 1111011011101101 11111010101111001 111110101110110 110010101111101 111010100110101 1110101110110001 11110111111111 1110011111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 690
- Average number of words per stanza: 144
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 65 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 14
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, face, i, songs, sad, sing are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines sing is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Memorat Memoria;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.