This is an analysis of the poem Dream Tryst that begins with:
The breaths of kissing night and day
Were mingled in the eastern Heaven, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbaaaXXbcbdedeXfbfXcfc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010111 010001010 10001100 110101110 11111111 11110101 1111001001 11010 11110011 11111111 11110011 11111111 01010101 01010111 01000101 001101 01000101 11010111 11111101 11111111 1101111010 10011101 10111101 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 881
- Average number of words per stanza: 166
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dream Tryst;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.