This is an analysis of the poem Fairies that begins with:
Maiden-poet, come with me
To the heaped up cairn of Maeve,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XbXb XcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 00111001 11110101 010101 0110101 1010101 01010101 111111 1111101 1010101 11011101 1001101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; but is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fairies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.