This is an analysis of the poem The House Of Change that begins with:
Was it last Autumn only, when I stood
At the field’s edge, and watched the red glow creep... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaa bbacd ecde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011010111 1011110111 0101110111 0101110101 0101010101 1101111001 1101001101 0111010100 11010110110 0101010011 000110111101 11110101010 10111100001 1110000101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 199
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The House Of Change;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.