This is an analysis of the poem Love that begins with:
Lass, when they talk of love, laugh in their face.
They find not love who seek it far and wide....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab XcXc deed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111011011 1111110111 1001111101 01010100101 1101110111 01110100110 1101111111 010101000110 1101101011010 11001010111 11101011101 010101001110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 185
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.