This is an analysis of the poem Eve that begins with:
The gray of the morning
Creeps in the room like fear. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXa bcb Xcaadde XeXabX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,7,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010 100111 001010 11111100 1111101 111 111 11010 10111 11011 10110 010011 1011 10110 10101 101010 111011 111101 11111 11111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Eve;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.