This is an analysis of the poem Through the midst of inhospitable, wild woods, that begins with:
‘Per mezz'i boschi inhospiti et selvaggi'
Through the midst of inhospitable, wild woods,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aXbXcbbXaXcXXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,14,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010001100 10100010011 11111111 11101101101 01111110101 1111011011 001101011001 11101101101 101100111111 110101001011 1011010101010 100101011 100101101010000 01001110111 010110111011 0101011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 236
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Through the midst of inhospitable, wild woods,;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Francesco Petrarch
- Analysis of A pure white hind appeared to me
- Analysis of O beautiful hand that clutches my heart
- Analysis of O little room that was once a refuge