This is an analysis of the poem She let her gold hair scatter in the breeze that begins with:
‘Erano i capei d'oro a l'aura sparsi'
She let her gold hair scatter in the breeze...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XabXXcXXXXabcXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001101001010 1101110001 110001011 11001011011 01100111111 10101011010 010111110111 1110101011 11001100110 0101011101 101101101 110101101 0010100101 11111010111 0111110101 0101011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of She let her gold hair scatter in the breeze;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Francesco Petrarch
- Analysis of A new young angel carried by her wings
- Analysis of The heavens have revolved for seventeen years
- Analysis of That wandering paleness which conceals