This is an analysis of the poem I go weeping for my time past, that begins with:
‘I'vo piagendo i miei passati tempi'
I go weeping for my time past,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abcXcbbdaXdXXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,14,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001110010 11101111 1110101010 011011011111 11111110111 11111010101 10100100010 1011101 11001111 11011101110 111010101011 1111100110100 11111111101 101011111 1101111101 0101011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I go weeping for my time past,;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.