This is an analysis of the poem Sister Cat that begins with:
Cat stands at the fridge,
Cries loudly for milk....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcabacddeXdffXgeceagd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 23,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 11011 11101 111110 1111 111101 01011 01110 011111 01111 0111 00101 101101 11011 100111 1101010 01111 11110 1100110 00111 01111 011101 0111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 539
- Average number of words per stanza: 106
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sister Cat;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.