This is an analysis of the poem Wanderer's Return that begins with:
My home is so glad, my heart is so light,
My wandering boy has returned top;night.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbb ccdd eeee ffgg aadd ffaa hhffXaadd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101111011 1100110110 1010111111 1111101010 0101100111 1100100101 01110100001 1110111001 1110100101 11101001001 1111111101 11010000101 0101111101 1100100101 1010011101 1011101011 1100101111 0011110101 00111100011 0111111001 0110111011 1100110101 1010101111 1010100101 1110010101 1110111101 1010110111 1110101101 0010101111 1011101100 1110100100 1111101111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, so, with, that, i, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, with, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Wanderer's Return;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.