This is an analysis of the poem The Refiner's Gold that begins with:
He stood before my heart's closed door,
And asked to enter in; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb cdXd eeee cfcf ffff bebe Xfaf dgXg bhfh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011111 110100 111101010 110011 11011001 011101 01011101 011101 11111111 0100111 110100101 110001 01011111 010111 11010001 011101 11111101 111101 11001101 110111 11110111 110101 01011111 010001 11011111 010111 01110011 110111 10011111 100101 11110111 010001 01110101 010011 11110101 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, the are repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Refiner's Gold;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.