This is an analysis of the poem The Pure In Heart Shall See God that begins with:
They shall see Him in the crimson flush
Of morning's early light, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaaa XbXb bcXc dede dfXf Xcfc gaga ccXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100101 010101 00100011 010101 10111110 011101 111010011 110111 11111001 110101 11111010 010111 111110101 110111 11001101 010001 1111101001 010011 11110010 010111 111110101 110101 11011101 111101 11110010 011101 11110010 110101 01011111 111011 010011110 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 132
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, him, in, their are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word they is repeated.
The author used the same word they at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Pure In Heart Shall See God;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.