This is an analysis of the poem The Dying Bondman that begins with:
Life was trembling, faintly trembling
On the bondman's latest breath, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb ddXd Xdad cded Xfgf ehah dfgX ciei ahXh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110010100 1010101 11101010 0011101 11011010 1011101 10101010 1010101 11101010 1011101 10111010 1110101 10111010 1010101 10101111 1110111 1000101010 10111111 10111110 1011111 100100110 1110101 01101110 1011111 100101010 1110111 10101010 10111110 10101010 1110101 100111010 1011101 10011010 101101111 10101010 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, i, write, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word master is repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Dying Bondman;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.