This is an analysis of the poem Ethiopia that begins with:
Yes, Ethiopia yet shall stretch
Her bleeding hands abroad;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eeee fgfg eheh heeXbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100111 010101 01010011 010101 01010101 010001 01010111 110101 01011101 011111 01011101 110101 01010101 110101 11111001 110101 110011101 110101 1110101 1101001 01111111 1101010 0101010 110101 11010011 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 115
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; from is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words her, the, thy are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines day is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ethiopia;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.