This is an analysis of the poem Eliza Harris that begins with:
Like a fawn from the arrow, startled and wild,
A woman swept by us, bearing a child;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eeaa ffgg hhii eeaa aabb jjbb gggg ddii kkiiXeedd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 10100101011 0101111001 001101001001 1011100001011 111001001001 11011011101 11001001001 111101011101 101001111001 11001111001 101001101001 00101101001 111010111011 111100111001 11001011001 111101101011 11111011101 001101011011 11101001001 01010100101001 11101011011 01011001001 10101011001 001001101001 001101101101 01011001111 11011011011 101001001011 11011011001 101011001001 101001101001 111001101101 01001001011 0100101001 11001001001 11001101001 11111001101 001001011001 11011011011 11111001001 0101101001 01001011001 11011001001 11011011001 00100111001 1110101011 11001011111 101001011001
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 195
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, she, of, her, how, where are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words she, with, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Eliza Harris;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.