This is an analysis of the poem An Appeal To My Countywomen that begins with:
You can sigh o'er the sad-eyed Armenian
Who weeps in her desolate home. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb acac aded afaf gaga caga XXee acgc cfcf hiXi hbab caXa ceXe Xjbj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100110100 11001001 11110011010 01011101 1110011110 01011011 010010010 0111011 1110101010 10000011 011110010 10111011 111110010 11011011 101011110 11100111 110111110 10101001 110110110 10110111 111011110 11011001 1110011010 01000101 111010010 01011110 010110110 01001111 111101110 01101101 010111110 11001111 111111010 10101101 110111011 01001011 111101110 11001011 110010110 01101011 110110110 11011011 0110011010 01011001 111111010 11101001 111111110 01111011 111011010 01011001 010111100 11101011 101001111 010101011 101001101 11000101
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, weep, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, weep are repeated.
The author used the same word you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Appeal To My Countywomen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.