This is an analysis of the poem To My Sister that begins with:
IN MARCH 1865
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X ababacacdedecaca bXbXfXfXagagg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,16,13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 011 01010100111 1011110111 1101011001 11111001001 110110111 0101010111 11011101011 01110100101 1110110001 0111011101 1101111101 011011101 1101011101 1101110101 1101011101 0111010111 1101011101 0011110101 1101110111 1101011011 0111010111 0111010101 0111010101 01110101100 0100110001 0101010111 1011101001 1011110100 11110101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 445
- Average number of words per stanza: 82
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To My Sister;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.