This is an analysis of the poem Epitaph In The Form Of A Ballade that begins with:
Freres humains qui apres nous vivez,
N'ayez les coeurs contre nous endurcis ... ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabacbddXXEa baccddedE aXXbbddedEddeXE X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,9,15,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 110110110 101111100 1101110111 1111110110 10110011111 0101110110 1111111111 1101111111 11110110111 1101111110 1111111000 1101110111 0111110001 1111110111 0111111101 1111101100 1111010100 0110010111 101011010111 1111110111 111111101111 1101110111 0111110111 101111011 1011011111 1111111111 1111110111 1101111111 10101010111 11001111101 1111111101 1101110111 1101011111 1111011101 11101010101 0111101100 1101110111 10010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 417
- Average number of words per stanza: 82
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, us, that are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word all at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Epitaph In The Form Of A Ballade;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by François Villon
- Analysis of Ballade To Our Lady
- Analysis of Villon’s Epitaph (Ballade Of The Hanged Men)
- Analysis of The Debate Between Villon And His Heart