This is an analysis of the poem Grace that begins with:
This air is flooded with her. I am a boy again, and my mother
and I lie on wet grass, laughing. She startles, turns to...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX Xa aXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010001101011110 1111111011010 10111110100111101 1000 111100011111 010001 11010111001101101 10010011101101010 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 143
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Grace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.