This is an analysis of the poem The Wind Will Take Us Away that begins with:
In my little night, alas
The storm has a fateful tryst ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Abc Ac dEE efbb dEE eagge faXca dEE hCdX hCdd bEE X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,2,3,4,3,5,5,3,4,4,3,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110101 0110101 0011001 0110101 01010101 10 0111101 111 0111101 110100101 11110001 010101101 10 0111101 111 111 1101001001 1100110111 101101 001001001 111 1010010101 101010111 011101 11001 10 0111101 111 1 11101001 111001 110101010001 1 11101001 11100101 1100101100111 0101 0101101 0101101 010101000110101101
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 88
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, the are repeated.
The author used the same words in, don, you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines away is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Wind Will Take Us Away;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.