This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet X that begins with:
As to a child, I talked my heart asleep
With empty promise of the coming day,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdXbdbee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1001111101 0101000101 1011011111 1001011101 1001111011 11010001010 1011101101 01000100010 1001110111 0011010101 100111010010 1011010101 1001110101 0110110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 606
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet X;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.